Adopting a Pug
Pugs have a reputation for their squishy faces and charming demeanor. They are a bit mischievous but owners love them. This breed suits laid-back homes and people who like to dote on their pet.
Pugs make ideal house dogs because of their stable temperament and loving disposition. However, they require a quality vacuum because they shed profusely!
Pugs are very intelligent and can be wilful at times, but they are happy and affectionate pups who stay very loyal to their owners.
The adoption process:
- Firstly, you will need to be aged 21 or over, and any children within the family must be a minimum of 7 years old.
- Secondly, you must be financially able to afford vet bills and/or insurance.
- Furthermore, applications from people away from the home for more than 5 hours per day will not be accepted.
- Moreover, if you live in rented accommodation, please provide evidence that your landlord gives permission for you to have pets.
- In addition, you will be required to complete an Application to Adopt form.
- Once your initial application is accepted, you will be placed on a waiting list to be home checked.
- It’s important to note that we do not home check until we have a pug ready to place into adoption.
- If you are selected as a possible match to be home checked, you will be notified by the charity as to whether you have been successful or not.
- Also, please be aware that we do not place pugs within households with un-spayed/un-neutered dogs.
- Additionally, please keep us up to date on any changes in your circumstances, e.g., if you adopt elsewhere or change your mind.
- Furthermore, our meet and greets are conducted via video link.
- Lastly, you may be required to take a pug at very short notice, and there will be a required adoption donation fee based on the age of the pug.
Please note that we prioritize the needs of the pug, so we match the person to the needs of the pug regardless of when an applicant applies.
If your application is successful, we request an adoption donation to support our ongoing Pug rescue efforts and to contribute to covering vet fees.
We recommend the following donation based on the age of the pug:
- Pugs under one year – £500
- 1 to 2 years – £400
- 3 to 4 years – £350
- 5 to 7 years – £300
- 8 to 10 years – £200
- 11 years & Over – £100
A payment to NPPT by BACS, to be made immediately prior to adopting a pug, will be required.
Moreover, it’s important to note that adoption donations are non-refundable.
Upon completing the application, you will receive instructions to make the admin fee payment through Paypal. Failure to complete this payment will invalidate your application. If you do not have PayPal please pay via BACs HSBC: Acc number: 33808149 Sort code: 40-06-21
Please use the reference ‘admin fee’