Adopting a Pug
Pugs are known for their squishy faces and their charming demeanor. A bit mischievous but loved by their owners, this breed is ideal for laid-back homes and those who like to dote on their pet.
They are ideal house dogs thanks to their stable temperament and loving disposition. Although you’ll need a quality vacuum, as they shed profusely!
Very intelligent, and at times wilful, pugs are happy and affectionate pups who remain very loyal to their owners.
Here’s what you need to know about adopting a pug.
- You will need to be aged 18 or over
- Financially able to afford vet bills and or insurance
- Applications from people away from the home for more than 5 hrs per day will not be accepted unless they can demonstrate that they have a process in place to provide care for a pug
- You will be required to complete an Application to Adopt form
- If your initial application is accepted you will be required to have a home check by one of our experienced volunteers. You will be notified by the charity as to whether you have been successful or not
- Should you pass your home check you will then be placed on our waiting list
- We do not place pugs within households with un-spayed/un-neutered dogs
- Please keep us up to date on any changes in your circumstances eg. if you adopt elsewhere or change your mind
- We are not able to arrange meet and greets and you may be required to take a pug at very short notice
Please note our responsibility lies with the needs of the pug, so regardless of when an applicant applies, we match the person to the needs of the pug in our care
If your application is successful, we ask for an adoption donation to enable us to continue to rescue Pugs and to help pay for vet fees.
We suggest the following donation based on the age of the pug:
- Pugs under one year – £500
- 1 to 2 years – £400
- 3 to 4 years – £350
- 5 to 7 years – £300
- 8 to 10 years – £200
- 11 years & Over – £100
A payment to NPPT by BACS immediately prior to adopting a pug will be required.
Please note that adoption donations are non-refundable.
To start the process please download and complete the Application to Adopt form and return it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org